The original land was given by the Lord of the Manor of Witley, Robert Smith Webb in 1862 to the minister & churchwardens of the Paris of Witley for the erection of the Grayswood National School.
From 1884 it was also used as a place of worship, prior to All Saints Church being built. By 1905 the school had become too small and it was decided that a new school would be built.
Later that year the club was bought by Frederick Albert Robers for £200 who put it in trust to be used as a reading room for or village club to be run by a committee.
Since then it has been a social club and was used by the Grayswood branch of the British Legion.